Obama administration published new rules that will make microwave ovens less efficient and more expensive. It’s in the service of the global-warming scam.This is one of the first uses of ...
Venezuela bans the sale of guns, requires universal gun registration and threatens to send violators to prison for 20 years. The law, which was ';guaranteed'; to save lives, was not the work ...
who swallowed a clock and shadows a terrified Capt. Hook. Somebody has to scare athletes into playing faster. In baseball, golf and tennis in particular, we are being slowwwwwwly lulled to sleep before every pitch, every shot. The pretentious preparation is interminable. In baseball, the pitcher holds the ball, pondering what to throw as if his decision -- a two-seamer or breaking ball -- would ...
By Ramzy Baroud In the hotel lobby of an Arab Gulf country, a family walks in aiming for the Westernized cafe that sells everything but Arabic coffee. The mother seems distant as she presses buttons on her smartphone. The father looks tired as he puffs away on his cigarette, and a whole band of children run around in a refreshing chaos that breaks the monotony of the posh but impersonal ...
By Ashfaq Yusufzai PESHAWAR - The United States is laying meticulous plans ahead of its 2014 withdrawal from Afghanistan, but it has clearly overlooked how its continued drones strikes on the tribal areas of neighboring Pakistan will affect the much-anticipated pullout. Last week, militants belonging to the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) torched three containers stuffed with supplies for ...
59.0°F Mostly Cloudy
Winds: From the NNE at 7.0 MPH Gusting to 7.0 MPH
It's rare that a controversial film deserves all the heated debate and hype surrounding its release, so when a film like David Cronenberg's "Crash" comes along, it's a shock in the truest sense. Here is a film that is genuinely disturbing, but not for the reasons you would immediately think of. While the sexual lives of the characters are deviant and often times repulsive, it's the film's cold, ca ... ...
By Jim Lobe WASHINGTON - Nearly 12 years after the United States ousted the Taliban from power, the White House announced on Tuesday that the US will begin formal talks with the militant Islamist group in Qatar later this week as part of Afghanistan's national reconciliation process. The announcement, which coincided with ceremonies marking the formal transfer of primary security ...
By Peter Dale Scott Like President Vladimir Putin in Moscow, United States President Barack Obama's Syrian policy is being tugged strenuously in Washington by hawks and by doves. On June 13, Obama handed two limited but ominous victories to the hawks: a finding of fact that the troops of Syria's president Bashar al-Assad "have used chemical weapons [i.e. Sarin] against rebel ...
if you are interested in contributing. The June 14 election in Iran has not only shattered many prejudgments about the supposedly predetermined results of the 11th Iranian presidential poll on the international level, but it has also taken many inside Iran by surprise. The reformists, who have been subject to the most severe media criticism and sabotage ...
By Radio Free Asia Leaders of Cambodia's main opposition group said Tuesday that they will reject the results of upcoming national elections if the ruling party, which is widely expected to win, continues to disrupt campaigning activities of opposition party members. Nhem Ponharith, spokesman for the Cambodia National Rescue Party (CNRP) opposition coalition, told RFA's Khmer ...
The policies and practices of our harsh immigration system violate human rights: basic respect, dignity, safety and needs of ...
Making the news
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney
This hotel is located right in the heart of the CBD of Sydney in Jamison Street. The hotel neighbours the ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Massachusetts SunMassachusetts Sun – Massachusetts News – Online Newspaper
Every minute of every day our news editors canvass the issues, and stories making the news to provide our readers with a broad and in-depth coverage of what's happening in the world.
Our first priority is the state. We specialise in Massachusetts news. From Worcester to Boston, we're on the lookout day and night to keep track of issues making the news. We also strive to keep abreast of national news.
Breaking stories out of the continental United States usually break first on the Massachusetts Sun. Neighbouring states and key cities too often feature on our news pages.
We also provide a whole lot of other content you'd expect from any newspaper including international sports coverage and local Massachusetts weather forecasts.
We also provide readers with an opportunity to engage in newsmaking by voting on major stories in the news, and following how other readers are viewing the issues. Our news polls are regularly updated, and attract thousands of voters over each week they're conducted.
Our business writers too work hard to keep you abreast of what's happening in the markets, not only in the U.S. but across the globe. We work around the clock to post stories from major financial centers like Tokyo, Paris, London, and of course New York, where we have extensive coverage of the major indices, particularly the Dow Jones, Nasdaq, S&P and Russell 2000.
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology is building new software to coach people on how to interact with others in social situations.
The virtual personality can be used to help people practice their interpersonal skills until they feel more comfortable with situation, News.com.au reported.
The program called MACH- My Automated Conversation coach- presents a digital character on the screen while using speech and face recognition tools to pick up on your behaviour.
The software, which can run on a laptop with a webcam and microphone attached, assesses users' voice tone, posture and behaviour to give them pointers on how to improve their interpersonal skills. (ANI)
- No breakthrough in talks between UK and Ecuador over Assange
- Leaders of G8 call for peace in Syria and pledge humanitarian aid
- Afghans break off talks with US on security deal
- Obama to propose further U.S. Russain nuclear arms cut
- Afghanistan calls off talks with U.S. on security agreement
- Ex-Im Bank loan guarantee to Air India upheld by US appeals court
- Google spending $7mn to fight child pornography
- Aspen seeks to acquire GSK thrombosis drug and plant
- Shenzen to be first Chinese city to begin carbon trading
- UK inflation rises to 2.7pc in May pushed by higher transport cost
- State trooper shoots man near Salem fires
- Connecticut Man Admits Running Investment Fraud Scheme www.privateofficer.com
- Shooting of 18-year-old possibly linked to sneakers
- Mother charged with risk of injury after driving self children into parked car
- Southington school project ready to get under way
- NASAs Cassini may reveal how Earth looks like from Saturn
- TVs Futurama Launches Final Episodes Tonight
- AP PHOTOS Heats overtime escape to defend title
- Hamid Karzai suspends talks with US over Taliban move
- GOP senator IRS to pay $70M in employee bonuses
- AIRSHOW-UPDATE 1-Airbus wins order from SriLankan Airlines
- Stocks climb from one-month low Airlines gain CSR drops
- Greenwood set to host Mississippi-Alabama tourism conference
- First Cavalli-branded hotel said to be set for Dubai
- Flydubai set to launch business class cabins
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Massachusetts Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Stoughton man convicted of killing rival in bed
- John Martorano’s ‘nice guy’ image picked apart by defense
- High Noon Howie Joe weigh in on debate trial
- NH inn recognized for energy improvements
- School board in allows dodgeball similar games