DEDHAM -- A Stoughton man who fatally shot a rival through a window as the victim lay in bed has been convicted of second-degree murder.Michael Blanchard was convicted Tuesday in Norfolk Superior Court of killing 21-year-old Stephen Erving at about 3:30 a.m. on March 16, 2010.Prosecutors say the 24 -year-old Blanchard fired several rounds from a 9 mm pistol through Erving's first-floor ...
John Martorano’s self-image as a "nice guy" who could justify murder to help a friend or take out a "Judas" will be exploited today by lawyers for James ?"Whitey" Bulger, as they continue to paint the aging ex-hit man as an unrepentant fiend who sold out his Winter Hill Gang partners for freedom, money and his name in lights."You knew the future ...
With less than a week until voters head to the polls for the special election for the open U.S. ?Senate seat, Democrat ?U.S. Rep. Edward J. Mar?key and Republican rival Gabriel E. Gomez met ?last night in a feisty final debate.Who scored and who was off base?Hear what Howie Carr and Joe Battenfeld have to say about the candidates’ performance on today’s weekly "High ...
The inn partnered with New Hampshire Electric Cooperative to install an ozone cleaning system in its laundry, four air source heat pumps for heating and cooling and a solar photovoltaic ...
The Windham School Board on Tuesday night accepted a study committee’s recommendation to let students play dodgeball and other ‘‘human target’’ games next year. That was a change from a vote in March to eliminate the games over concerns about student safety and ...
59.0°F Mostly Cloudy
Winds: From the NNE at 7.0 MPH Gusting to 7.0 MPH
It's rare that a controversial film deserves all the heated debate and hype surrounding its release, so when a film like David Cronenberg's "Crash" comes along, it's a shock in the truest sense. Here is a film that is genuinely disturbing, but not for the reasons you would immediately think of. While the sexual lives of the characters are deviant and often times repulsive, it's the film's cold, ca ... ...
BOSTON (AP) - The new director of the state agency that oversees welfare benefits has unveiled measures she says are aimed at preventing fraud and ...
CONCORD, N.H. (AP) - Police in Concord, N.H., say they arrested a man who was creating a disturbance at a gun control rally outside the ...
HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) - While a new Quinnipiac (KWIHN'-uh-pee-ak) University Poll shows a majority of Connecticut voters support the state’s new gun control law, there’s doubt whether enough has been done to help prevent another mass school shooting like the one in ...
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) -- The proposed Rhode Island state budget would kick nearly 6,500 low-income people off the state's subsidized health insurance ...
Glenn Graves pleaded guilty Tuesday in Kennebec County Superior Court just before he was scheduled to go on trial on three charges of gross sexual ...
Making the news
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney
This hotel is located right in the heart of the CBD of Sydney in Jamison Street. The hotel neighbours the ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Massachusetts SunMassachusetts Sun – Massachusetts News – Online Newspaper
Every minute of every day our news editors canvass the issues, and stories making the news to provide our readers with a broad and in-depth coverage of what's happening in the world.
Our first priority is the state. We specialise in Massachusetts news. From Worcester to Boston, we're on the lookout day and night to keep track of issues making the news. We also strive to keep abreast of national news.
Breaking stories out of the continental United States usually break first on the Massachusetts Sun. Neighbouring states and key cities too often feature on our news pages.
We also provide a whole lot of other content you'd expect from any newspaper including international sports coverage and local Massachusetts weather forecasts.
We also provide readers with an opportunity to engage in newsmaking by voting on major stories in the news, and following how other readers are viewing the issues. Our news polls are regularly updated, and attract thousands of voters over each week they're conducted.
Our business writers too work hard to keep you abreast of what's happening in the markets, not only in the U.S. but across the globe. We work around the clock to post stories from major financial centers like Tokyo, Paris, London, and of course New York, where we have extensive coverage of the major indices, particularly the Dow Jones, Nasdaq, S&P and Russell 2000.
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology is building new software to coach people on how to interact with others in social situations.
The virtual personality can be used to help people practice their interpersonal skills until they feel more comfortable with situation, News.com.au reported.
The program called MACH- My Automated Conversation coach- presents a digital character on the screen while using speech and face recognition tools to pick up on your behaviour.
The software, which can run on a laptop with a webcam and microphone attached, assesses users' voice tone, posture and behaviour to give them pointers on how to improve their interpersonal skills. (ANI)
- No breakthrough in talks between UK and Ecuador over Assange
- Leaders of G8 call for peace in Syria and pledge humanitarian aid
- Afghans break off talks with US on security deal
- Obama to propose further U.S. Russain nuclear arms cut
- Afghanistan calls off talks with U.S. on security agreement
- Ex-Im Bank loan guarantee to Air India upheld by US appeals court
- Google spending $7mn to fight child pornography
- Aspen seeks to acquire GSK thrombosis drug and plant
- Shenzen to be first Chinese city to begin carbon trading
- UK inflation rises to 2.7pc in May pushed by higher transport cost
- Q poll Malloy Foley neck and neck in race for governor
- State trooper shoots man near Salem fires
- Connecticut Man Admits Running Investment Fraud Scheme www.privateofficer.com
- Shooting of 18-year-old possibly linked to sneakers
- Mother charged with risk of injury after driving self children into parked car
- NASAs Cassini may reveal how Earth looks like from Saturn
- Threes Company In Space Stargazers Spot Galaxy Trio
- China Readying 1st Moon Rover for Launch This Year
- Cassini Spacecraft To Take Earths Photo From Deep Space
- TVs Futurama Launches Final Episodes Tonight
- AIRSHOW-UPDATE 1-Airbus wins order from SriLankan Airlines
- Stocks climb from one-month low Airlines gain CSR drops
- Greenwood set to host Mississippi-Alabama tourism conference
- First Cavalli-branded hotel said to be set for Dubai
- Flydubai set to launch business class cabins
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Massachusetts Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Stoughton man convicted of killing rival in bed
- John Martorano’s ‘nice guy’ image picked apart by defense
- High Noon Howie Joe weigh in on debate trial
- NH inn recognized for energy improvements
- School board in allows dodgeball similar games