MIAMI -- An FBI agent shot and killed a Florida man with suspected links to the Boston Marathon bombings early on Wednesday, NBC News reported. NBC said the suspect was being questioned and was originally cooperative, but was fatally shot after attacking the agent. ...
The incident occurred in the city of Orlando. A local newspaper, The Orlando Sentinel, said a friend had identified the dead man as 27-year-old Ibragim Todashev. The friend told local media Todashev was being investigated as part of the Boston bombings and knew suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev because both were martial-arts fighters. The FBI said only that one of its agents was involved in a ...
MIAMI // An FBI agent shot and killed a Florida man with suspected links to the Boston Marathon bombings yesterday. The suspect was being questioned and was originally cooperative, but was fatally shot after attacking the agent, US media reported. ...
Investigators stand outside an apartment complex where a man was fatally shot when a team of FBI agents swarmed his home early Wednesday, May 22, 2013, in Orlando, Fla. The FBI says the man, being questioned by authorities in the Boston bombing probe, was fatally shot when he initiated a violent confrontation. (AP Photo/John ...
An FBI agent shot and killed a Florida man with suspected links to the Boston Marathon bombings. NBC News said the suspect was being questioned and was originally cooperative, but was fatally shot after attacking the agent. The Orlando Sentinel said a friend had identified the dead man as 27-year-old Ibragim Todashev of Orlando. The newspaper quoted the friend as saying Mr Todashev was being ...
Winds: From the NW at 2.0 MPH Gusting to 7.0 MPH
Ted Demme's Blow is based on the life story of George Jung (Johnny Depp), a kid from New England who started out selling dime bags of marijuana on the Southern California beach in the late 1960s and was eventually responsible for 85% of all the cocaine imports into the United States in the late 1970s and early '80s. The film is an aspiring epic that is much like George Jung himself, who a ... ...
said a friend had identified the dead man as 27-year-oldIbragimTodashevof Orlando. The newspaper quoted the friend, Khusn Taramiv, as sayingTodashevwas being investigated as part of the Boston bombings and knew bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev because both were mixed martial-arts ...
BOSTON (AP) -- Lt. Gov. Timothy Murray is expected to step down to become head of the Worcester Regional Chamber of Commerce, according to several people familiar with the ...
A devastating early morning fire has left a church in ruins and an estimated 150 parishioners wondering what to do next.No injuries were reported, but the El-Siloe French Seventh Day Adventist Church on Liberty Street was scorched and partially collapsed by the three-alarm blaze, which Lynn Fire Chief James McDonald said broke out in and quickly consumed the wood structure about 5:30 a.m.The ...
Police are on the hunt this morning for an armed couple they said briefly kidnapped the man’s teenage son last night in Roxbury.Jonathan Moore Sr., 37, is believed to still have the handgun Boston police said he used to force his way into a house on Highland Street about 7:30 p.m., where he assaulted and severely injured one of the occupants before abducting his 13-year-old boy Jonathan ...
A 27-year-old Orlando, Fla., man was shot and killed by an FBI agent overnight after being questioned in the Boston Marathon bombing case, according to numerous reports today.The FBI in Florida confirmed to the Herald this morning that the suspect, now identified as Ibragim Todashev, has been shot in Orlando by an agent "conducting official duties." A friend of the slain man said the ...
Making the news
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Stamford Grand, Glenelg, Adelaide, Australia
The Stamford Grand is a landmark hotel built on Glenelg Beach, about 11 kilometres from the City of Adelaide. A ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Massachusetts SunMassachusetts Sun – Massachusetts News – Online Newspaper
Every minute of every day our news editors canvass the issues, and stories making the news to provide our readers with a broad and in-depth coverage of what's happening in the world.
Our first priority is the state. We specialise in Massachusetts news. From Worcester to Boston, we're on the lookout day and night to keep track of issues making the news. We also strive to keep abreast of national news.
Breaking stories out of the continental United States usually break first on the Massachusetts Sun. Neighbouring states and key cities too often feature on our news pages.
We also provide a whole lot of other content you'd expect from any newspaper including international sports coverage and local Massachusetts weather forecasts.
We also provide readers with an opportunity to engage in newsmaking by voting on major stories in the news, and following how other readers are viewing the issues. Our news polls are regularly updated, and attract thousands of voters over each week they're conducted.
Our business writers too work hard to keep you abreast of what's happening in the markets, not only in the U.S. but across the globe. We work around the clock to post stories from major financial centers like Tokyo, Paris, London, and of course New York, where we have extensive coverage of the major indices, particularly the Dow Jones, Nasdaq, S&P and Russell 2000.
Chinese Taipei's Chen Chien-An and Chuang Chih-Yuan upset Hao Shuai and Ma Lin from China to win the men's doubles title at the World Table Tennis Championships here.
Chen and Chuang fought back from one game down to win three in a row but Ma, former Olympic Champion, and Hao Shuai took the fifth before the Chinese Taipei tandem sealed the victory Sunday by taking the sixth 11-8, reports Xinhua.
This was the second event that China failed to win at the World Championships following the mixed doubles and the third title they have lost since the 2003 worlds in Paris.
China cleanswept all five titles from 2005 to 2011 at all World Championships.
- Dozens killed as tornado hits Oklahoma
- US president lauds Thein Sein for Myanmar reforms but urges end to violence against Muslims
- Home Minister Shinde in Washington India seeks access to Rana Headley
- Adam Scotts Open winning putt to be history from 2016
- U.S. dollar slips against euro after Fed official remarks
- One trillion euro tax evasion to be tackled says Barroso
- Overall economy likely to pick up in Q2 says German central bank
- Pfizer discontinues NHL cancer drug development
- GrubHub and Seamless to merge
- Housing market picking up in UK
- Train service in Connecticut back on schedule
- Connecticut Advances Conversion from War to Peace Economy
- Consultants kick-off Bristol marketing tour
- Whirlwind marketing tour of Bristol begins
- Ex-IRS chief Shulman says he doesnt know why conservatives were targeted
- New evidence supports theory of cosmic impact 12800 years ago
- Dont Miss NASAs Cameo in Sci-Fi Film Oblivion
- Tornando survivors try to recover
- In pictures Nasa images of Oklahoma tornado reveal scale of storm
- Tributes Mount As Sally Ride’s 30th Anniversary In Space Approaches
- Work starts on creation of new Dubai island
- Cleanliness drive in Kashmir provide impetus to tourism
- Argo Travel expands into the Southeast Asia market
- VFM Leonardo Hosts Visual Storytelling Strategies Webinar for Hotel Marketers
- AHLA Summer Summit - June 18-19 at The Brown Palace Hotel Spa in Denver Colorado
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Massachusetts Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- NBC FBI Kills Man Linked to Boston Bombing Suspect
- FBI Shooting in Florida May Be Related to Boston Bombings
- FBI kills man suspected of link to Boston Marathon bombings
- FBI Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- Florida man with links to Boston bombings killed